Community Spirit CIC has been working hard behind the scenes to become certified as a Disability Confident Committed employer
The Disability Confident scheme supports employers like ourselves to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to the workplace. The scheme aims to help us successfully recruit and retain disabled people and those with health conditions.
It was developed by employers’ and disabled people’s representatives to make it rigorous but easily accessible – particularly for smaller businesses.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term
health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Find out more about Disability Confident at: www.gov.uk/disability-confident
Don’t forget, you can subscribe to our updates via email…
If you’re no longer interested in emails from Community Spirit C.I.C. you can cancel at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in one of our emails.